Thursday, June 20, 2013

Philadelphia, Here I Come

Set the alarm for 3:15 and here I am, getting ready for my adventure in "the city."  That always meant Philadelphia to me, not New York, as it does to others around here.  I'll get the 4:44 train out of Absecon.
Yesterday, I wasn't to pick up Naomi until 12:30, so I had time to make a big salad for dinner.  Also revved up the crock pot and set to simmer chunked tomatoes and onions, with parsley, garlic, and oil.  Had that with meat balls last night and it was ever so yummy.
At the appointed time, I the short distance to Tall Timbers and was shown around Naomi and Wayne's condo.  I must say it's very nice: spacious, bright, with a soaring vaulted ceiling in the living room and a lovely, private backyard.  After chatting a bit with Wayne, we left for lunch at Dynasty.
Naomi is having some difficulties with family relationships and I listened sympathetically when she recounted some of them.  I'm not sure what the solution is, or if one exists.  Hope so.
Dropped her off and went directly to Kohl's where I got a small gift for Patrick's 54th birthday.  Rushed home, packed it up, added the card, and sped off the the post office before it closed. 
Glory be, the M-bag finally arrived!  I was taken aback to see it's just a far-from-sturdy-looking container of thick plastic.  There's a tag to attach and, soon, I'll pack up the baby books and send them off to Japan.  Hope they arrive intact.
Received a phone call from a friend, asking if I wanted to walk over the new, expensive Ocean City bridge.  Of course, I said yes and we'll meet at 4:00 or so.  I should be back from Philly by then.  I think the bridge is about a mile long and it's supposed to be a lovely day, so I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...