Friday, June 14, 2013

Niece and Nephews

The weather was predicted to be stormy--the usual overwrought hype--so I went down earlier than I had thought I would to Betty's, about 10:30.  Greatly enjoyed seeing Wes, Carolyn, and Stephen, who are helping my sis with a clear-out.  While I was there, though, the heavens opened (cliché city--whee!) and a deluge descended, which included good-sized hail.  The street almost instantly flooded to an alarming depth.  I didn't want to stay, for fear of being stuck there, plus I didn't want to interrupt the work for too long.  My car was parked across the street and Wes was kind enough to take off his shoes and socks and maneuver it partly into the driveway, so I didn't have to step into the water at all.
Winchester Avenue was mostly flooded, too, so I drove down to Ventnor Avenue, which also had water covering the whole street in spots.  This prevailed even in Ventnor Heights, but once I turned left onto Albany Avenue Boulevard, there was little excess water.  In fact, it was just raining lightly all the way home on the Parkway and I had no problem at all.
Saw on Facebook that a June 16 Bloomsday gathering was being planned in Ocean City and, ever ready to enlarge my contacts, I called the woman whose number is listed.  This is Flossie M., who had been a member of P & P.  Had a nice talk and I signed up to be a reader of a passage from Ulysses, the James Joyce work for whom the day is named. (The book takes place on June 16 and, around the world, celebrations with readers are held to commemorate it.)
Finally getting my hair cut today.  I want it darker and much shorter--I'm sick of the shoulder length.


  

3 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Re: haircut -- how about a photo?

Mimi said...

A photo?!? Jim, it looks okay, but--a photo?! Um...well, I'll have to think about it.

Jim Wetzel said...

Here's hoping your conclusion is favorable!

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...