Monday, June 03, 2013

"The Boyfriend"

After the serious excursion on Saturday, yesterday was light-hearted fun.  Aline called to ask if her sister, Susan, could come with us to the show and yes, of course.  They arrived a bit before 11:00 and Louise a tad after.  We chatted for a few minutes, then set off.
Went to Buckalew's and had a tasty and leisurely lunch, then drove around the corner to Surflight.  (It would never occur to me to drive such a short way, but Susan has difficulty walking and I didn't want to suggest we do.)
I was taken aback when we went to the ticket office and were told tickets were $45 each.  Guess I had assumed this was an Our Gang production and they'd be ten or twelve bucks.  However, I managed to negotiate it down to half that--$22.50--and we settled in.
What a fabulous show!  The Boyfriend is a little piece of fluff, but so much fun to see.  It featured a half dozen each of young males and females and their singing and dancing were a sheer delight.  My friend, Jeanne S., had a small, non-singing part as the male lead's mum and did a credible job.
At intermission, I pleasantly surprised to see Jeff and Georgia G.  Jeff and I had performed together for LETCO in Our Town and Night Must Fall and we greeted each other with hugs.  After the show, we waited in the lobby until Jeanne had changed (Surflight performers are asked not to mix with the patrons in costume), then greeted her with compliments.
I drove the others back to my place and we said goodbye.  I was relieved to see a Facebook message from my nephew, Jim B's, wife, thanking me for the prints I had sent.  Hope my other nephew received them, also. 
Capped off a pleasant day with my weekly Skype call with darling daughter in California.   

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...