Monday, June 24, 2013

Porch

It turned out to be a pleasant day.  Betty called early to invite me to join her porch-sitting gang, a number of whom had stayed through the day on Saturday.  The prospect of sitting for more than a few hours isn't tempting to me--I get antsy and want to move it--and I had planned to get some chores done, so I declined with thanks.  Besides, I was expecting Bob S. to come at 9:00 and look at my sprinkler, which isn't going on.  (He did, and seemed to have fixed it, but damn, it was supposed to go on today and it didn't, so it STILL isn't working.) 
Changed my mind about Betty's after I planted the Gerber daisies I bought last week and did a few other chores.  Deciding that was enough gainful employment for the day, I zipped down to Ventnor to join the porch crew. That consisted of Betty, Muckie, and Mary H., and we had an enjoyable time.  I had brought the script for Telephone, which Betty, Muckie, and Helen had missed at Dante Hall because they came in late.  They had asked that I perform it for them, and I did, taking all the parts.  They seemed to enjoy it.
Stayed until about 4:00, then said goodbye.  Had my weekly Skype call from Ellen and we happily talked and talked. Can't wait to see her in a month or so.  

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...