Saturday, June 08, 2013

Lunch And Rain

Boy, did the rain come down yesterday!  'Twas a deluge all day, but Aline and I are intrepid and we didn't let something like the weather come between us and a nice excursion.  I picked her up at our usual 12:30 and we exchanged little spontaneous gifts for no reason.  I had bought a huge bag of navel oranges and gave her two and she gave me two New Yorkers, to which she subscribes.
Went to Shore Diner for lunch.  I didn't allow myself to get the liverwurst and onions and opted instead for tuna melt.  I have no idea why, since I really don't care for tuna melt--tuna salad and melted American don't seem to go together to me--and it was an enormous portion, plus soup and fries.  Ate half the t.m. and took the other half home and had it for dinner.
--An aside (oh, yes, I love them!):  I was raised to feel a sense of horror at the thought of wasting food--the starving children in Europe, you know--so I'm just incapable of not taking uneaten food home.  What's more, the t.m. wasn't particularly appealing after it had been in the refrigerator for a few hours and I didn't bother to re-heat it; just ate it cold.  When does one get over one's childhood strictures?  In my case, never, I guess.--
Okay, moving right along.  Considering the Niagara Falls coming down, we skipped Produce Junction and went directly to Bam!  There, Aline wandered happily amid the stacks (she's into Sylvia Plath at the moment) and I looked at a number of new-baby books for my precious new-baby soon to enter the world.  Bought five, using the gift card Anne Mary had given me, and had to add only a few bucks.  Now to nag the post office for the M-Bag I had requested.
We actually had to sit in the car for about twenty minutes because my car windows took so long to de-fog, but so what--more time to talk.  Drove home carefully and sat also outside Aline's, talking and talking. 
Got home about 5:00 and went over my director notes for Hell On Wheels; we're rehearsing at Stockton this afternoon.  Called Betty to chat and that was my day.     

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...