Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My faithful visitor from up north came about 3:00 and unpacked her SUV, which was loaded with more of my Christmas stuff from the ill-fated flea market weekend. We then went to my new bank and I added her to my authorized people for the safety deposit box. This took a surprising length of time, but is now done.
Went to auditions. I don't like the way Desi does readings, he just assigns people to different parts, whether they want to play them or not. Mrs. Bramson is such a meaty role--and you get to be murdered--that there was competition: Ellen V., Jeanne S., and Lily M. were all vying for it, too, as well as a newcomer named Liz. I'd settle for the role of Mrs. Terence, the housekeeper, but am not confident I'll get in the play at all.
I was taken aback to see the script was changed considerably. In truth, I don't think the version Desi gave us is as good as the original, which I have.
Oh, well, I always tell myself if I don't get in a particular play, it frees me up to travel. Also, I'll try again; we'll scheduled to do The Patrick Pearse Hotel in the spring.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...