Monday, November 28, 2011

Back in the groove, I walked with Susan, catching up with her midway. Had been delayed by a cam call from the Tokyo Twosome, always a welcome event. After breakfast and going over the mail, I headed to Atlantic County. Went to Produce Junction, the 69-cent store, and the Christmas Tree Shop, then stopped at the cemetery. Cut down the mums at Pat's grave, but the ones at Jay's still look good, so I left them. I'm determined not to decorate for Christmas--either at Laurel Memorial or home--at least until December, so will put something there later.
Got home about 3:00 to find a message from Leslie, asking if I still wanted to go to Dine Around last night...Yoicks, Dine Around! I had completely forgotten about it, although it's on my calendar. Called back to say I did want to go. Phone rang again and it was brother Larry to say Helen's sister had died. Too bad, as we were just at her brother-in-law's funeral last month. They'll arrive on Thursday. I have the L.'s annual Christmas dinner party that day, but of course told him they're welcome to stay here. Just had time to jump in the shower and dressed, and walked the three doors to the R.'s at 4:30.
It was at Calloway's and great fun. Had stuffed founder--fair--and enjoyed the two buck beer, served until 6:00. There were about 25 people there, all very congenial. Susan and Walter didn't go; according to Susan, they don't like Calloway's.
Home by a bit after 7:00. Enjoyed my weekly Skype call from Ellen,whom I'm so anxious to see in a few weeks, and that was the day.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...