Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Oh, joy! Just opened an e-mail from Desi, artistic director of the theatre company, and I got the part of Mrs. Bramson in Night Must Fall! It's a psychological thriller, English, but (thank heavens), Desi will set it in the U.S., so I won't need to develop an English accent. I'll play Mrs. Bramson, a mean old lady (well, yeah, type-casting), one of the three major parts.
I can hardly believe it--but YAY!
As for yesterday, boy, was I busy. Started with making the crust for the apple pie; while that was in the refrig, cut up the apples and mixed with sugar and spices. Popped it in the oven, then ditto for the pumpkin. Had lunch, then made the birthday cake; while it was baking, made the apple cranberry sauce.
My northern darling then called to see if I could go up to her place early today, because they discovered the kennel closes at noon and she asked me to get Lu there, as she and hubby won't be out of work until the afternoon. (Yes, Sister Theogene, I know that's a run-on sentence, I just don't care.) Sure I will, no prob.
Still must ice the cake, whip the cream, and pack everything up. But no matter, I'll get it done.
This is aforesaid darling's birthday; she was born on Thanksgiving and I've been thankful for her and her sister and brothers ever since.
And, oh, happy day, I get to be Mrs. Bramson! Talk about being thankful--!

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Congrats RBM--I'm so happy for you.

Mimi said...

Thanks so much, Pat. But what are ou doing up so early?

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...