Tuesday, November 08, 2011

I've heard that writers a heckuva more accomplished than I am, have trouble letting their works go. I can relate; I finished the D.'s profile, but keep going back to tweak it here and there. I must send it to them to check for errors, then submit it, for heaven's sake. I have to let it go.
Got a call from Rachel K., who's the secretary--or something--for Thespians in Ventnor. It was rather peculiar: She told me the "leader," Jerry H., had resigned, then went into a long story about changing the group's status to profit-making. What earthly good that would do is beyond me and, frankly, I'm not sure why she called--we talked for more than an hour and she seemed never to get to a point. Odd.
Was delighted to hear back from Desi that Night Must Fall will be "Americanized," so no British accents. Yay!
Went to the office of the park service to pick up brochures and info on the hike next Wednesday. Had a nice chat with Cynthia, the ranger covering, and found she's from Hamilton, near Trenton where we lived for so long. Dropped some material off to Lena, who will accompany me on the hike.
Went to Manahawkin to run a few errors.* Other than that, nothing much going on. I think I'll switch the guest room t.v. in the living room and get rid of the other. Mike had written me he'd help if I'd wait to get a new one. If I do, I've decided to get rid of the armoire and get a bigger screen and something to put it on.
*Oh, this is priceless! "Run a few errors"? It's so good I'm going to let it stand.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...