Thursday, November 17, 2011

It started raining steadily right before 10:00, but the three of us decided to go on the hike anyway. We did, with umbrellas, getting thoroughly soaked on the way. However, it was a beginners' hike, only three miles, and wasn't cold, so not bad. There were three other people, plus Kathy, the leader and park employee. A woman named Dot mentioned she had met me on a previous hike and remembered me in Steel Magnolias.
Got home by 11:30 and changed from the skin out. Weather affects my mood and when it's dark and gloomy that's how I feel, too. I had brought a sandwich for the hike, but I ate it at home,along withe a glass of beer. Then I was annoyed with myself for that; I rarely drink beer at home and it made me feel draggy. Lay down on the couch and feel asleep for an hour or so.
Got a call from Comcast--not from my pal, Mark Casem, but from somebody named Roger or something. He said he'd lop off the added fifteen bucks a month increase I had complained about in an earlier post. Okay, fine, but it makes me uneasy that a big corporation like Comcast can--or will--do this. What about the people, mostly older, maybe, or less assertive, who don't realize you can petition to get a lower rate?
Speaking of rates, a rep from the solar panel company came to say there had been an estimating mistake and they had to put sixteen panels up, instead of fourteen. That will raise the leasing bill from thirty-five to thirty-nine something a month. He wanted me to sign a new contract. Hell no, I said, you eat the increase and refused to sign. He left, but I guess I'll sign it anyway. Just annoyed me.
Going to Lend Me A Tenor at Ocean County College tonight, with Frank and Rose F. Others from LETCO will be there, too.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...