Sunday, November 13, 2011

Disaster! Fiasco! Also, uh,...not one of my better ideas.
The flea market thing, that is. I won't go into the dearth of customers, the smashing of one of my Christmas plates, the cold, the cold, and the cold--. Will just mention the wind:
It was fierce. It kept blowing stuff off the table (had the plate on a plate holder and that's how it smashed)*, whipping the tablecloths I brought, and knocking over all the merchandise I had so tastefully arranged.
We packed up and left at about 11:00 (I was SURE it was close to 6:00), having made a grand total of sixteen dollars and since the fee for the table cost twenty--well, I was an English major, but even I can see...
There were some good things about the day. First and foremost, I got to spend a portion of it with that visitor from the north, always a treat. Also, I now at least know what all Christmas things I have (for openers, too much) and a bonus: The heater in my car wasn't working and my companion ascertained it was the lack of coolant. We had lunch at her house, then she found some and put it in my car. Toasty warm now! Her husband suggested I use Craig's List to sell the stuff, but the thought of that is daunting to me. Well, I'll mull it over.
Got home about 1:00 and unpacked. Geesh, I put everything back where it had been! Actually took a nap on the couch, then just lazed around the rest of the day.
I'm now determined to find an in-door flea market. I know my beautiful Christmas things will bring big bucks if I hit the right people.
Sister Betty is coming up this afternoon and we'll attend the matinee (and last performance) of Moon Over Buffalo.
* I had had eight settings, complete with dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, and cup and saucer. I now have only seven of the dinner plates.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...