Monday, November 14, 2011

Betty got here about noon and we had a leisurely time before the 2:30 show. Arrived at Frog Pond School in plenty of time. Greeted some of my Little Egg Theatre Company colleagues Sunrise Bay neighbors and settled into our front-row seats. Sat next to Barb D., my next-door neighbor and Frank's wife.
What a fabulous show! It was so, so funny, and every one of the actors were spot-on with delivery, comings and goings, and the intricate moves--including a sword fight--of which there were many. Standing ovation after, in which we enthusiastically joined.
The cast, as it always does, came out to mingle and chat after, and I had a wonderful time with my colleagues. Of course, I wanted to be in the show, but I'll try for the next one, Night Must Fall, to be staged in February.
Frank D., who was the producer (and general factotum) caught me ahead of time and asked if I'd meet him and Judy K., who ran concessions, at the food pantry today at 5:15. We're going to donate the rest of our packaged refreshments to them and he asked me to take a picture and write something up. Will do.
Decided to make dinner instead of eating out, which was fine with Betty. I had made a salad and sliced up onions, peppers, and mushrooms before she got here. Whipped them out, added garlic, and stir-fried that with chicken. Along with the salad and a basket of pumpernickel, it made a tasty meal for the two of us.
Daughter Ellen called on Skype, so we both had the chance to see and talk to her--can't wait to see her at Christmas. Betty and I then talked an talked; went to bed a bit after 9:00 and I, for one, slept like a log. Betty had to work today, so we'll be saying goodbye after a good, sisterly visit.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...