Friday, April 01, 2011

When I got home from our walk, I laughed to hear a phone message from Betty. She assumed we wouldn't go because of the rain. I called back to say we had umbrellas and completed our usual mile and a half.
Susan mentioned that Walter was happy with Dr. DeMarco in Tuckerton as a dentist, so I went to his office, introduced myself, and picked up paperwork to fill out. His place has the virtue of being only a hop, skip, and a jump from home, as opposed to a three-hour round trip to Dr. Lyons'. Got up to Bordentown in a steady rain for my last visit. When I told her and the staff I had decided to make the switch, they were very understanding. After chatty Meg (the woman never stops talking) cleaned my teeth I got my x-rays and left.
Stopped on the way home at the Columbus Farmers' Market for broccoli, asparagus, and a few other goodies.
Rehearsal last night went well, I thought. Jeanne S., who plays Mrs. Gibbs, looked great in her costume--very authentic. This is our last rehearsal at the community center, thank heavens. It beats cold, moldy "Gifford" (the former municipal building), but it isn't the venue in which we'll perform, and we're all anxious to rehearse there.
Yoicks--we open a week from today! As with any performances, I'm looking forward to it with equal measures of happy anticipation and frozen dread.
Dinner at Outback with Susan and Walter tonight.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...