Sunday, April 10, 2011

Last night's performance was, incredibly, even better than Friday's. To begin with, the horrid rain had stopped and it was a beautiful, sunshiny day throughout. The players--at least, it seemed this was to me--were at the top of their games. Also, the audience was wonderfully receptive and appreciative, maybe more so than the earlier one. They were rapt by the beauty of the play in the right places and laughed in appropriate others. After, I was greeted with congratulations by friends Barb and Ray H., Pat and Ray H., Lois and Bill V., and Mary Ann Van O., as well as others I didn't even know. I was gratified when George S., who plays the milkman, Howie, told me a number of people asked where "Mrs. Soames" (that's me, folks) was. Most important of the attendees was Dearheart Senior and husband from up north and niece, Joan, and her Jim.
J. and J. had arrived at my house about 1:00 and, of course, we had a great time catching up with each other's doings. They brought me two bottles of wine, a red and a white, nice additions to my cellar--er, the ten-bottle wine holders I have in the dining room. I knew they wanted only a light lunch, as they were meeting co-theatre-goers for an early dinner, so I served them two varieties of sushi along with a few sides. They left a bit after 4:00 to meet aforementioned couple from up north, as well as sister Betty. Betty will attend today with two friends.
The cousin couples came with me after the show to the cast part at co-director Barbara H.'s house in Eagleswood and we all had a fine time. What fun to mix and mingle with the nice people with whom I shared the stage a few hours before! We brought our own drinks--J. and J. took along two bottles of wine and I two cans of beer--and shared the pasta, salad, rolls, and so on catered by the parents of one of the kids in the show.
We had left my car at the school and I must get it early, as it has my costumes and my pocketbook in it. Luckily, we were allowed to leave some stuff overnight, so I have the bulk of it already there.
Invited Betty and the two friends she's bringing to today's matinee performance over for a light supper after the show.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...