Monday, April 11, 2011

What a weekend! Although I hadn't gotten to bed until midnight, got up at 6:30 and almost immediately starting scrubbing red potatoes and slicing onions. With garlic, Italian seasoning, and a little oil, put them in the crock pot, then assembled and cut up goodies for a big green salad. Got the rest of dinner arranged on plates, wrapped, and refrigerated. I had invited Ellen V. a fellow LETCO member who had a small part in Town, to join us for dinner, so laid out place settings for five.
Joan and Jim got up and happily, they treated me to breakfast out. We went to Sco-Jo's, where I should have ordered oatmal--. Did I? Ha! Scarfed down a big plate of scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, and fruit, along with good coffee and good conversation with J. and J. They drove me to the school to retrieve my car and back home, the two packed up and left after a delightful visit, which I enjoyed immensely.
Got dressed for the performance and arrived for that a bit before 1:00. Set up my changing station backstage, chatted with co-actors, and we went on.
Betty, Helen, and Suzanne had gone to Dynasty Diner for lunch and I had talked to them in the parking lot. They had to wait until 1:30 when the audience was admitted.
The show went very well, although I think the Saturday night show was the best. As we always do, we mingled with the audience after, meeting and greeting all. Had a cast picture on stage after, then gathered up my stuff for the last time, and led Betty and entourage home. Ellen V. came soon after and we had a bit of wine beforehand, then ate a leisurely, talk-and-laughter-filled dinner.
Betty, Helen, and Suzanne left about 7:00, but Ellen stayed for another hour and a half. MY Ellen called and I was able to introduce her to the other Ellen before she left. While I was enjoying the Skype call, the phone rang and it was Mary Ellen M. (I know a lot of Ellens!), from whom I was delighted to hear. Got her number and called her back after my conversation with darling daughter. We talked for almost and hour, deciding to meet at the end of the month, probably in Philly where she now lives. By that time, it was almost 10:00 and all the disarray from dinner was still there. I can't stand to go to bed and leave stuff out, so spent the next 45 minutes or so putting food away, loading the dishwasher, and washing pots.
Finally, finished, went to bed about 11:00. Was tempted to sleep late, but I'm determined to get back on the straight and narrow, so got up at 6:00. Will meet Susan for our walk at 7:00 and go to exercise at 9:00. I've been concentrating on the play and neglecting my usual routine, and now I must shape up.
But it was a terrific several days!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...