Friday, April 29, 2011

Much fun yesterday. I walked down to the clubhouse about 9:30 and the other eleven models (good lord, the fashion industry is going down the tubes!) and I separated into three cars and drove to Medford. It's about an hour away and our destination was Coldwater Creek, a high-end clothing store. The idea was for each of us to pick out two outfits to model.
It took us hours, and I thought I'd never be able to get two good ensembles, but finally did and it was great fun. Boy, do those outfits make me look good. Both include pants, although I wanted to model at least one skirt, but the ones they showed included a lot of material and made me look dumpy. What terrific outfits--the phrase "casual elegance" comes to mind. If I buy something, I could get a discount, but at those prices (a simple shell I selected, the kind I buy at Kohl's for ten bucks, was $49.95), I left them on the racks. Anyway, it was a lot of fun with all of us rushing back and forth, with the assistance of the sales people.
Finally all with two outfits, we went across the way to P.F. Chang's for lunch. I couldn't resist the duck, which was suburb, and had some good Sapphoro (Japanese) beer with it.
Met a new resident of Sunrise Bay, Naomi P. who, we discovered, was born and brought in Ventnor, also. She's the sister-in-law of Joan F., my classmate through St. James. She's a terrific person--was a singer who actually sang in clubs, a newly-wed (third marriage), and in interested in the theatre group. We had a great time together.
For some reason, I no sooner got home then I rushed out to Target and bought some clothes for the weekend with Mary Ellen. I think I'll take some back, as I don't really need them, but guess I was bedazzled by Coldwater Creek fashions. Heard from Mary Ellen, who said she has to be in Barneget for a closing, and back down on Sunday, so she'll drive me to her place in Philly--yay!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...