Saturday, April 16, 2011

Got the little daffodils ("narcissus") planted at the cemetery and they look very pretty. Stopped at Shop-Rite on the way home for thisa and thata.
YOICKS! Made up my mind to accept brother Larry's invitation for that cruise in June. Made my airline reservations, called him and he was very pleased. He said about twenty members of his family are going. That will be great fun. Now must make the reservation for the boat--or ship. I've never been on a cruise before and everybody assures me I'll have a fine time. I'm sure I will, as I love new places and experiences.
Went to dinner with Mary Ann Van O. at ScoJoe's at the Tuckerton Seaport. She brought a bottle of Cabernet Savignon and we managed to polish off the whole thing. We enjoyed dinner: flounder for her and chopped sirloin for me--not the best choice in the world, but I don't eat any kind of flesh at home, so order out with abandon.
After, we attended the poetry reading at the pretend fisherman's shack next door. I was glad it was only mildly boring--these things are usually excruitiating--and at least was over in an hour and a half. Besides the three poets, a person from the Seaport, and us, there were two other people there, and one was poet Jeanne's daughter. Okay, no prob, it was a different evening and I was home by 9:00.
Lunch with Marilyn M. today.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...