Sunday, April 03, 2011

Said goodbye to Susan after our walk, as she and Walter will be in Florida for a week. With some difficulty, I added the picture of the library display window on this blog and now it's gone. The hell with it; it was problematic in the first place and I'm not going to spend time trying to get it back.
Got both crock pots a-simmerin' in the morning: carrots with chives in one, Brussels sprouts with capers and seasonings in the other. Ate some of both later and they were yummy.
Got a call from niece Joan. She and Jim will be down for the play and to stay over on Saturday. I invited them for lunch, too
Attended the arts and music festival at the Seaport in the afternoon and enjoyed it. Listened to an artist interpret the works of area painters, then to poetry readings. Jeanne S., who's in Our Town, is a member of the poetry group and read some of her poems. Not bad, especially the one about a drinker. I assume he's her ex-husband. Desi and the H.'s, also in the play, were there. Ray and Barb H. happened to have stopped in to buy tickets for the show, which I was glad to see. Chatted with them for a bit. Nice day.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...