Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm continuing to enjoy a pleasant interlude (in what? winter? my life? the history of the world?), now in a lower key after the excitement of the weekend. Talked to sister Betty early and told her I'd pack up the leftovers from dinner and bring down to her place to share. Did so and we had a nice sisterly visit. Ate the cold cuts, salad, and crocked potatoes, then bundled up--it was sunny, but cool--and walked the boards for a half mile or so. I had intended to stop at the cemetery on the way home, but it was past 5:30 already, so skipped that.
Had barely walked in the door when Mary Ann Van O. called and we had a nice chat. She had been sitting behind my family on Saturday and Joan had offered her the cushion Jim didn't want. She gratefully accepted and emphasized how nice J. was--agreed.
Had just a bite for dinner, looked up Night Must Fall on YouTube and watched the first portion of the movie version (c. 1940). We're doing it in September and, yes, you can be damn sure I'm going to audition. Found the script on eBay for $3.00 and sent for it. Characters include a mean, dictatorial, crotchety old lady--for me, type-casting again!

2 comments:

Jonathan Versen said...

Hi Mimi, my goodness you are busy!

Mimi said...

I am, Jon, but I like it that way, as you probably know. We're a long time dead--.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...