Saturday, April 09, 2011

Rehearsal Thursday night seemed to limp along and there was a lot of confusion about blocking (moving around the stage). Got home about 10:00 and to bed about 11:30. Woke yesterday--opening day--to a dreary, overcast sky and what was worse, it began to rain about noon. It rained, rained some more, then continued to rain. Went to Manahawkin in the rain, finished a few chores in the rain, and dressed for the play in the rain. As we all dragged our mountains of costumes, props, and other stuff into the school, it continued to rain and rain hard. "Okay," I thought, "Nobody's going to show up for this thing, so just relax and accept that."
Hey, but...the room pretty much filled up, the play started, and it was a smash hit! It went off with almost no snags (there are always a few little exceptions) and everybody loved it! After curtain calls, we went out into the audience as we always do, and mingled. Susan and Walter were there and praised the show mightily. I was so pleased to see Mary Ellen M., with whom I had performed in Steel Magnolias. She and I had lost touch with each other, but reconnected last night and I couldn't be happier about that. What a wonderful evening and tonight should be as good or better.
Expecting Joan and Jim about noon; it will be great to see them and I'm so grateful they come to the plays from so far away--Suffern, New York. Joan has expressed an interest in the theatre and I hope she follows through.
Because there's nothing in the world so exciting and there's nothing else I'd rather do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went so well! Have another great time tonight and today (Please say hello for Joanie and Jim for me).
Love,
E

Mimi said...

Thanks, honey. Wish you could have beent there, but eventually, hope to show you the video.
Mum

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...