Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Good grief, I slept until 7:00! That's because I didn't get home from rehearsal until almost 11:00. I then had to unwind with my daily 45 minutes of television and my popcorn and wine. Am debating whether to go to exercise at 9:00. I know I should, but geez, it's the three mile--.
When we walked into the auditorium last night, we saw why rehearsal had to be called for 8:00; there was a science fair going on and lots of people milling around. By the time they left, it was probably 8:20 or so. We're rehearsing in costume from now on and hey boy, is changing going to be a problem. I wore my act one outfit there, and I don't go on again in a different one until near the end of act two, so I have plenty of time to change, but others don't. The backstage changing area is just miniscule. It's roughly the size of my bathroom and seems to be the electrical room. We had to throw dresses, skirts, hats, accesories, and everything else on the folding tables that I guess are stored there. There are no mirrors, you can't go from one side of the stage to the other backstage and the bathroom is not accessible. These are big problems for all of us. I understand they'll remove the tables, so there will be nowhere at all to put anything except the floor. Tara wears a wedding dress in the second and third acts, so how in the world this is going to work, I don't know. Think I'll bring a folding table to at least have something to put my things on and see if they'll let me keep it there for the duration.
Got calls from sister Betty and niece Joan. They'll meet Betty and the other couple for dinner before the play on Saturday, then Betty will go home and see the play with two friends on Sunday. The four couples will also go with me to the cast party after the Saturday performance.
Early part of the day was miserably cold, windy, and rainy, so I went out only to get something at the bank. It cleared up later and is nicely sunny today.
WIDER: From CommonDreams.Org:
This tax season, if you can stand it, Rethink Afghanistan will tell you how much of the $2 billion a month cost of the Afghanistan War you are footing - and they will send an IOU for that amount to Congress. More on the true cost of these pointless, misguided, unaffordable-on-too-many-levels wars here:
http://www.commondreams.org/further/2011/04/05-1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that the backstage area is not very good for you. It sounds like our school's backstage area, which is just a walkway up from the "cafetorium" on the one side and two little rooms on the other (And no, they're not connected behind either). Does it have a curtain? A few years ago, they batted around the idea of buying a curtain for our school's stage, but it was going to cost about $50K, so we didn't get it, of course. Anyway, good luck to everyone there and good luck!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I meant to say, good luck to everyone there and have a great time, Mom!!!!!

Mimi said...

Thanks, dear! And yes, it does have a curtain, so that's good. Conditions were slightly--slightly--better last night; see today's entry.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...