Saturday, June 05, 2010

Busy all day. Went to exercise, then immediately to a Breeze meeting. The July issue is shaping up well, but the meeting--because we all talk too much and off-topic half the time--lasted until after twelve noon. Didn't have breakfast until after that. After, I weeded in the back and planted the two smallish tomato plants I bought last week. Also have a "patio tomato," which I watered.
Drove up to Manahawkin and finally, at long last, found a "beach cover-up" at Kohl's. I had wanted a white one in terry cloth that zips up the front, but what I got was a black one with a tie belt. Also got a white blouse. Stopped at Wal-Mart for sugarless candy and happened to see, try on, and buy two inexpensive, but nice, blouses, plus some other stuff.
It was past four when I got home and very, very hot. Suddenly, very faintly, I heard my name being called--"Rosemary, Rosemary," it said, "Come jump in the beautiful, sparkling pool...." I didn't need more urging, so I pulled on my suit, added my new cover-up, and went.
Gee, it was great. The lifeguard's only there on weekends until June 12 and you're not supposed to go alone, but I figure rules are made to be broken, so I did. As it turned out, there were two couples there, one of which I know, so no problem if I suddenly started to go under. Swam, splashed around, and had a great time for 45 minutes or so, then got out, drove home, took a shower, and had dinner.
A good summer day, my favorite kind: It was filled with activity and included creativity and new clothes--what could be better?
WIDER: From a comment by Sean O'Neil on "Empire Burlesque":
"The absolute worst way to assess American policy is to pay attention to pundits and politicians. They are conducting theater. The real motives are found in the actions, not in the rhetoric."
That's it! That's all that needs to be said! Don't give me all the excuses for Obama--he's just biding his time, he's being manipulated by underlings, he has a grand plan he'll put into action soon--pay attention to what he DOES!
And what he does is murder and mayhem.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...