Saturday, June 19, 2010

My computer is going haywire! It's making constant ticking noises and I can't seem to get on my homepage at all. I turned it off, then on again twice, but it's still ticking. Darn.
Well, yesterday: I went to Kohl's and got myself two tops and a dress. An actual dress, incredibly enough. It's what we used to call a "shirtwaist"--imagine a man's shirt that goes to the knee. It's maroon and very nice; also nice that it was on sale.
When I got home, I put it on and went with Susan to the viewing of one of our Sunrise Bay neighbors. It was jammed with SB people and another neighbor, Rose G., came up to me to tell me she had met Marianne H. at Littman Jewelers in Hamiliton Mall. This was a year ago, but she's still carrying around the card so she could mention it when she saw me. Marianne and she had gotten in a conversation, Rose found out she was from Ventnor and the upshot is she's Elva's sister.
Well, I'm nothing if not impulsive, so after the viewing, I drove over to the mall and Littman Jewelers. Talked to a woman, who told me Marianne had retired. Said if she heard from her, she's mention me. I looked around the mall and actually tried on some bathing suits, but didn't like any, so came home.
Got the proofs for the July issue of The Breeze and was happy to see there seem to be many fewer typos and other errors than there were in June. I can't go to the meeting on Monday, as I have a dentist appointment, but will give Mary my corrections ahead.
Computer is still ticking away like a time bomb; hope it doesn't explode. I know the ticking probably means I haven't maintained properly, but I'm unsure what to do. Darn, darn, double darn...

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I thought I read or someone said, computers only last about 5 years. How old is yours? If you do get a new one.....get a MAC....you'll love it, and they are so easy to use. Cost is higher, but better product IMHO.
I remember Betty took a class on a MAC a year or so again and she said she liked it. Check with her.

Mimi said...

I'm pretty sure my computer is more than five years old. However, good news: It stopped ticking and is now docilely doing what I command! Thanks for the imput, though. One of my sons loves the MAC, the other swears by his PC--can never remember which is which.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...