Thursday, June 24, 2010

At my doctor appointment, I found I was supposed to be taking two tablets (5 mg.) of amlodipine (for BP) daily, but have been taking only one (2.5 mg.). Why? Because the instructions on the prescription say, "take one...," which I pointed out to the doctor. Somebody screwed up, we decided. My BP (130/80) isn't horrible, she said, but she'd still like it down lower. Will take the extra damn pill.
Got down to Betty's about 12:30, after stopping to get her a welcome back gift: a little clay turtle with a plant in it. Suzanne M., Helen C., and Betty were waiting on the porch and Mookie D. came soon after. We had tentatively planned to go to the Greenhouse in Margate and sit on the deck overlooking the ocean, but when we got there, it was so hot that plan was vetoed. I never like to sit inside there because it's very dark and so noisy you can't hear yourself talk, so we went to the Anchorage in Somers Point, I place I always liked.
I had a big, greasy, rare hamburger and a frosty cold beer--seems to me there just isn't any summer meal more delicious than that. Of course, we talked and talked and laughed a lot. Went back to Betty's after and spent another hour or two doing the same. I got home about 5:00 and immediately after, put on my bathing suit and went to the pool. There was nobody there and you're not supposed to swim alone, but I did anyway and it was heavenly. Stayed in about 45 minutes, then left for home.
Another great summer day. The only cloud over it was a message I got from my dear cousin, M., in Cincinnati, with ominous medical news. May she be all right--oh, please...
WIDER: After the millions of words spewed out hither and yon regarding the McC. affair, this from the blog "Who Is IOZ," says it all:
"...I am glad to live in a world where the ongoing slaughter of civilians is a resume-builder but badmouthing the boss is a firing offense."
Full stop. Period. The end.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Ah...the Greenhouse. Sounds delicious. I agree about it being so dark inside. Sounds like you all had a great summer day...wish I could have been with you.
The Anchorage as a restaurant surprises me. I thought it was a bar. Guys in my class always went there to drink while I only made it to Bayshores, Marts and Steeles. Has it always been an eatery?
BTW, a B/P of 130/80 is considered goal for folks on B/P meds....lower is better, but you were fine. The mix up in the dosage would have upset me. As I said..you were/are fine...but still...

Mimi said...

For heaven's sake, Patty, you hung out at ALL those places?? You younger gals were real cut-ups! Don't know if the Anchorage was always a restaurant or not. I'm not concerned about the dosage confusion--guess it could have been my doctor's fault or, if she has others call them in, her assistant's, or the pharmacy's. But no harm was done, so I'll just forget it.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...