Tuesday, June 08, 2010

After exercise, I hightailed it home for breakfast, then went to the Food Bank. I'm a "sub" volunteer and somebody wasn't able to be there, so I filled in from 10:30 to 12. As it turned out, Leslie and two other women were there, and we had only three clients so we mostly chatted. I did help put away some of the donated food that came in.
From there, I went to Tara's shop and bought myself a gorgeous new summer pocketbook--Vera Bradley, so pretty pricey, but it's a beauty. Next stop was The Home Depot, where I returned the solar outdoor lights I had bought a few weeks ago. It was an impulsive buy and I really don't need them.
Spent some time on revising and sending material for The Breeze. It seems as if we just finished the June issue, but the deadline for July is fast approaching.
Went to the cemetery late in the day to water, then to Boscov's where I got birthday presents for P. and N., and a small purse for my new Vera Bradley.
Was delighted to get an evening call from brother Frank, who's much improved from his heart valve operation. He's still not completely recovered, but is doing very well; sees his cardiologist next week.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...