Saturday, June 12, 2010

I thought it would be pokey, but I managed to craft another full day on a warn Friday. Had to drive up to my dentist to pick up more gel for whitening (long, boring story I won't go into--into which I won't go--but I may have mentioned this torture in an earlier post). Drove the 55 miles to Bordentown, then decided to see if friend Karen C. was available for lunch. Called her and she was, but not until 1:00 and this was 11:30. Didn't want to just hang out 'till then, so drove to Lambertville and stopped in on friend Elva B. at her art gallery. She was pleased to see me and we had an enjoyable half hour, then I had to rush a bit to get back to Ewing for Karen.
Took her to lunch at the big, refurbished, and very crowded Ewing Diner (it had been a tiny Toddle House years ago) and we both had big, greasy hamburgers, mine so rare, as I had requested, that you could practically see it breathing--yum! Great time with Karen, as ever. I like her so much to begin with, and I like keeping in touch with the world of people of color, with whom I no longer have much contact, living where I live, and I'm the poorer for it.
After I dropped K. off, drove to the old neighborhood, then to the cemetery. Both were pretty dead and I was glad to leave.
Stopped in on Joel and Noelle on the way home. Met her parents and enjoyed interaction with the little boys. Home about 5:00 and found a message from Barb and Ray H. I'll go with them to the "Friends, Fun, and Food" monthly dinner today--after I go nine-mile hike in Princeton. Another good day for Mimi.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...