Friday, June 18, 2010

Incredibly--for me--I sat and watched a movie in the afternoon. After running errands in Manahawkin, I stopped at the library and picked up Little Miss Sunshine. I knew it had been acclaimed a few years ago, but wasn't sure in what way (best picture?) and the title (kiddie beauty pageants?) didn't appeal to me.
Well, lemme tell ya, it was terrific.
The movie is structered the same way as Magnolias, that is, it's an "ensemble" movie. There are no main "stars," with supporting actors; instead, to a great extent, all the characters are of equal importance. They each have a "back story" (more theatre talk, folks) that's quickly revealed through dialogue and actions and each have their struggles and goals. This fleshes them out and makes them believable. I wasn't crazy about the ending--seemed contrived--but other than that, it was terrific.
Went to the pool about 4:00 for a quick dip, then showered, dressed, and drove over to the cemetery. I barely got home in time to change to attend an open LETCO meeting, but did. Enjoyed it and was home by 9:00. I was so stimulated by talking to Blithe Spirit director, my friend Ellen, that I sat right down and read out loud the part of "Madame Arcati," for which I'll audition at the end of the month.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...