Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another very fine day, this time at the lake to celebrate J.'s birthday. Had to detour all the way to Manahawkin, as there was a road block. When I got to Route 72, I found it extended all the way to there. I think it was a forest fire.
The lake was great. J.'s gang was already there and I jumped right in. N.'s parents came shortly after, but they left before the rest got there. They consisted of J.'s dad, brother, sister, and their assorted families, so I guess there was about twenty in all. The hot dogs and hamburgers tasted great--food always does outdoors--and they brought lots of other sides, plus a huge bowl of blueberries from when they all went pickin' on Friday.
J. got lots of good stuff, including a microscope. Every time he opened a present, he'd exclaim over it, then race to the people who gave it and wrap a big hug around them. He's such an affectionate kid. His little brother, T., and I spent a lot of the day together and what a sweet baby he is.
It was almost dark when I left and full dark by the time I was halfway home. Route 539 was still blocked off, so I had to again detour all the way to Manahawkin. Didn't want to get on the Parkway, so took Route 9, but no problem.
Talked to daughter Ellen when I got back. She endured horrible ordeal at the dentist, who only succeeded in extracting two of four wisdom teeth she's supposed to have out. I'm glad she decided to go to a different one and to be put to sleep.
I've been having such a full, enjoyable summer. Have nothing scheduled for today or tomorrow, which is actually fine by me; I've neglected doing much around the house, and need to take care of that. However, if something fun should come up, you can be sure I'll let the domestic chores hang.

3 comments:

izliyorum.net said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
izliyorum.net said...

Did you see the webmaster of this site?

izliyorum.net said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...