Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yesterday turned out great. Finished thank-you noting (42 of them) and various other chores, then welcomed J. with little T. and his friend N. with her 2 1/2 year old, R. I'm "selling" (for a dollar) Pat's car to J. and had gotten the title out of the safe deposit box. I was assured I just had to sign it over, but when we got to Motor Vehicle in Manahawkin, I discovered it was in Pat's name only.
Darn! I know we had intended to have everything in both our names, but guess we just never got around to adding mine. Now I have to get a "surrogate form" by going all the way to Manahawkin, and presenting our original will, a copy of the death certificate, AND a blank check, because it costs $100 for a 2-page, plus $5 for each additional page. May the state of New Jersey sink into the Atlantic and take all its bureaucrats with it.
Howsomever...it turned out to be great fun because we all went to lunch at the Horizon diner--I love diners--and with the two little guys and J. in a good mood, and the fact that I like N. more and more--well, it was so good.
Not so good is my food diary, which this blog, once in the far past, was supposed to be about. I had a wrap--not so bad--but later was at loose ends, started chowing down on Ritz crackers and peanut butter, then went out after to Absecon for a hot fudge sundae.
Dum, de, dum dum. Well, I'll go to WW after our walk and let them assess the damage.
Later: The WW news is very bad. I'm up another two pounds for a current weight of 140.2. That's FIFTEEN pounds over my lowest of 125. Five plus ten...seven plus eight...nine plus...okay, I'll stop. Must concentrate on the positive: I've still lost a lot of weight, but hey, I've got to get serious and regain my--no, not the weight, but my momentum. Back to the sensible regime, Mimi, and let's see you back to your best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure gave me a laugh in DE this moring with your blog. Love to read it.

Mimi said...

Thank you, mysterious stranger, whose initials are, I'll bet, L.C.

Pat said...

Rosemary,
This made me realize one of our cars in in Rich's name only. I'd bettter get on that right away.
Thanks for posting it.

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...