Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Weather continues dark and dreary. Went to B.J.'s and on a few more errands. Just read and poked around the rest of the day. Got a phone call from Dennis R. in the evening, asking if I needed or wanted anything. What wonderful friends and neighbors! In fact, I said I'd like to return Leslie's dish, which had contained a great bread pudding with brandy, and I went over after dinner. Enjoyed talking with them for 45 minutes or so. We think alike on the anti-war (pro peace) issue--one of the few--and deplored the fact the movement seems to have dropped dead, especially in our area.
Was pleased to be offered the role of Mz. Leeds in "Death at Old Barney, our murder mystery show on October 29. I accepted and must now start learning the lines.
Wider: Justin Raimondo, at Anti-War.Com, perfectly describes the craziness in which we now live:
"Google News has lately taken to labeling Antiwar.com’s new articles, including this column, as "satire." To take one particularly unfortunate example, an article* by Fred Reed on the furor over the photo of Lance Corporal Joshua Bernard’s tragic death in Afghanistan was so classified on the Google search engine. This, I believe, is proof positive of what I call the Bizarro Effect, a direct result of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. What happened was this: the sheer force of the explosion as those planes hit the World Trade Center and slammed into the Pentagon forced us into an alternate dimension where up is down, news is entertainment, and a rational critique of U.S. foreign policy is considered sheer amusement. Here in Bizarro World, everything is upended: not only our morals, but our grasp of reality, and, indeed, the concept of reality itself. "
And so on.
* I referred to this article in yesterday's entry.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...