Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Well, I mangled and mischaracterized the quote on my September 13 entry below. It's actually from the literary commentator, Samuel Johnson, recorded by Boswell in his famous bio of Johnson:
"I told him I had been that morning at a meeting of the people called Quakers, where I had heard a woman preach. Johnson: 'Sir, a woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all.'"
Delicious!
Yesterday, I visited the cemetery to clarify the bill and also got the cards of three local "monument" (tombstone) makers. Visited two of them and, as I suspected, am looking at another cost of well over a thou. Thought it would be a melancholy business, but actually, found it fairly pleasant.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...