Saturday, September 12, 2009

Had a delightful dinner with Vivian last night--at Spiaggia e Luna in Barnegat. The name means "Beach Under The Moon," which strikes me as charming. I had fresh broiled lobster for the first time in years and it was great. Brought a bottle of pinot gregio, which we managed to polish off, and it was a wonderful evening.
Even better, I had a web cam call from the other Vivian. Adorable five-year-old thanked me for the elegant gift I recently sent her--a plastic cat that poops jelly beans--and I had a good time interacting with her and little Violet.
Earlier, I enjoyed phone visits with sister Betty, cousin Marifran, Ellen, and a few others. Wrote several more of the mountain of thank-you notes I intend to send and ran a few errands.
Tonight, I'm going with Susan and Walter to the clubhouse to see "Calendar Girls," a show with senior citizen dancers.
Later: Went back to Weight Watchers for the first time since August 15. Okay, here's the old "good news, bad news" thing: I'm up only .6 since then, almost a month ago--not too shabby, considering I've been eating without restraint. The bad news? I'm a full--gulp!--thirteen pounds heavier than I was at my lowest, which was 125. Yes, folks, I weigh 138 and oh, yes, folks, this has to be reversed and right away. Will continue to report honestly, even though it hurts.
I could excuse myself for blowing up like a balloon, considering recent events, but you know what? That wouldn't make the slightest difference to the hard science of too many calories equals too much weight, so I won't. To be continued...

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...