Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm back in hiking mode! Drove almost two hours to Washington Crossing State Park (on the Jersey side) to meet up with fellow hikers and complete an invigorating seven-miler. Under leader Joe H., eight of us trekked next to the Delaware through Titusville, then went into the woods. I found it surprisingly strenuous--the pace was brisk--and so invigorating. It was hot and humid, not ideal for walking, but with blue skies and brilliant sunshine. We carried our lunches and midway, stopped at the Nature Center for a half hour to eat. We met at 10 am and finished at 2:00.
Impulsively decided to drive the ten miles or so to Lambertville to scout out the art gallery owned by my eighth-grade friend, Elva B. I found it, went in, and chatted with Elva for a time. She has wonderful paintings--all what I guess are characterized as "representative," meaning they actually look like what they depict. Wish I had the money to buy one.
Got home about 4:30 and jumped in the shower--boy, did it feel good to wash my hair especially. Dressed and grabbed a light dinner, then went to my acting class.
It's amazing how much so many of the fellow student thespians have improved. We performed our scenes and director Tara closely critiqued, giving all of us good, thoughtful information.
Didn't get home until almost 10:00, but naturally didn't skip my popcorn and wine. Slept like a babe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Certainly. I join told all above. Let's discuss this question.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...