Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Enjoyed lunch with Dottie K. at The Anchorage in Somers Point. I had a Cobb salad, half of which I took home and ate for dinner. After I dropped her off, I took a check for the balance of the funeral cost to George's and ran a few more errands. It was after 4:00 by the time I got home.
Earlier, the Comcast guy came to switch the phone. I was a tad annoyed that he didn't show up until almost 11:00 (and I wanted to leave by then) and since it took him a half hour, I just had time to pick up Dottie at noon. He also tracked mud into the study; I'll use a spot cleaner on that.
I was in bed when SIL Regina called at 9:15 to tell me her dissatisfaction with Visiting Physicians of South Jersey. I had highly recommended the outfit, so was somewhat embarrassed about it. I hope they become more responsive.
I hope to take Pat's clothes to the thrift store this morning, then drive to Toms River to get the car title problem cleared up.
Wider: The opening of Chris Floyd's "Bad Medicine: The Terror War's 'Public Option'" in his Empire Burlesque:
"As Barack Obama continues his noble struggle to reform the wreck of America's health care system by forcing millions of people to pay billions of dollars to the very insurance companies who wrecked America's health care system – continuing his winning policy of reforming the wreck of America's financial system by giving trillions of dollars to the scamsters who wrecked America's financial system -- his soldiers in the good and necessary war of good necessity in Afghanistan have been implementing their own reforms to health care practices in their "host" country."
He goes on to tell about the American army's demand that a Swedish hospital turn over any of the wounded the Americans think are "insurgents" so they can decide if they should be treated or not.
Ho-hum, so what else is new? When you adopt imperialistic ways, there are all kinds of results and ramifications, including denying medical care to other human beings.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it sort of went like this – with the economy tanked people have been losing their jobs and with it their health insurance. So the medical insurance industry was hurting because we are experiencing extremely high levels of unemployment. What to do? Have Congress begin the process of health care reform which then morphs into save the Insurance companies by forcing everyone to purchase their overpriced plans. It’s pure magic.

Mimi said...

But, Rob, why, why, WHY do so many "liberal democrats" and "progressives" support this instead of insisting on at least considering the single payer system? How we cling to the very chains that bind us...

Unknown said...

I think mostly people just don’t pay attention of if they do they get their info from TV news which is one of the worst sources possible. Perhaps people cling to those chains out of laziness.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...