Monday, September 21, 2009

Went to "Sunday At The Opera" yesterday, which is run by my friend, Mary Ann Van O. at our clubhouse. It was Verdi's Aida, with Placido Domingo. As with most operas I've seen, it included spectacular sets, wonderful costumes (overweight people could learn a lot by studying the styling tricks used to disguise excess poundage), and a sappy story line. I'm sure the singing was superb, too, but being a musical illiterate, that part went right over my head. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a lot, as I have other operas. It's the pageantry, I guess.
Mary Ann's friend, Lynne, was there. She was widowed 18 months ago, so we have that in common (gulp!), but I've met her before and liked her even before I joined that club. She told me she'll be visiting her nephew today. He has severe diabetes, so I offered to give her Pat's diabetes stuff. She was delighted, came back to the house with me, and I gave her the stuff, including several vials of insulin. I have the idea it's illegal to give it away--God forbid the pharmaceutical companies are cut out of their blood money--so okay, officer, put on the cuffs. I did it and I'm glad.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...