Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lovely lunch with Donna yesterday. We went to Debra's Dream Cafe at the Tuckerton Emporium and I had the crab cake sandwich and a pot of tea. Town was jammed with people attending the Decoy Show, but we managed to avoid the traffic by going around it.
Donna then came back to the house and we sat on the porch and talked and talked and talked. Considering the prevalence of remoteness in my husband's family, I wonder if she was left on the doorstep. She's so open and warm and kind--what a neat person.
We talked a lot about Pat's and her mother's (Pat's sister) deaths and incidents surrounding their funerals. After she left, I drove to the cemetery--not sure why--and "visited" the family graves.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

I think you went because you miss him...you miss them. Good that you went. Donna sounds like a very caring person with whom you could share those things known only to the two of you. We all need this.

Anonymous said...

Donna, Donna, DONNA !

Mimi said...

Yes, and how lucky you are that she's your first cousin. She's just an angel, and so UNCYNICAL and UNCRITICAL, too, unlike some people I know...

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...