Friday, September 11, 2009

Drove to Vineland--a fair distance, especially with my cockamamie directions from Google--to visit Pat's brother, Bill, in the hospital. He's in the cardiac unit; unfortunately, he's had a "bad heart" as it used to be scientifically called, for years. His wife, Regina, and daughter, Tish, were there and we had a pleasant time together. I brought some of the older pictures from the ones my children assembled to display at the funeral and Bill enjoyed them. Some were of a long-ago family picnic at Atsion Lake and we had fun trying to identify the babies who are now grandparents. My oldest was a year old then and of course, so many of those pictured have gone to that great perpetual picnic in the sky--or something.
I didn't get home until almost 6:00, but on the way, I reflected that it really didn't matter. There wasn't anyone waiting for me to make dinner or dispense medications.
Was awakened this morning by a terrific thunderstorm, with rain pelting the windows, and high winds. Hope it goes away by this evening, as I'm meeting friend Viv for dinner in Barnegat.
Wider: Here's a reassuring headline from Truthdig.Com:
"Insurance Stocks Rise After Obama Speech"
Well, thank heavens! I was afraid the poor healthcare insurance companies would be caught by the general mistrust--not to mention murderous rage--against them and would suffer losses. No such thing, though--whew!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...