Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Saw "The Devil Wears Prada" with Susan yesterday, and boy, did I enjoy it. I'm still interested in career-type movies, plus I love scenes of New York and Paris, and this had some wonderful ones. Of course, Meryl Streep is just stunning, no matter what character she plays. When she's on screen, even in a group shot, your eyes are just riveted on her alone. Anyway, loved it and hope to see "An Inconvenient Truth" before too long.
Going to Bill and Regina's today, and will take artifacts from Pat's birthday party, plus the pictures of London Bill asked me to bring (I'll go easy on them). Primary doc tomorrow at Fort Dix, but--for once--I think I have everything in order to give him.
Pat is actually feeling better and is noticeably improved. I hope we can expand his horizons a little more before too long. Am cautious about getting too optimistic, but he's certainly better than he was last month.
Got the income tax forms back from our accountant, Bill D., and we'll get some dough back, which is good. There's nothing like money to make people happy, I always say.
All in all, things are on the upswing and I'm feeling good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't want to be a nay-sayer, but Dark clouds looming on the horizon... that's all I can say... dark, dark clouds.

P.S. - If you mention you want to see "The inconvenient truth" one more time, you're going to be facing an incontinent truth!

So there...

Anon

Anonymous said...

P.S.S. We want more Poker info!

Mimi said...

Hey, anon, I'll let you know when I see AIT; can't wait to see it, hope to see it this week, when can I get to see it...want to see it...
Anyway, Paula would LOVE "...Prada..." It's great. Call me!!

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...