Monday, July 17, 2006

Breakfast with Frank, Marybeth, and Maureen was great fun yesterday. They stayed for about an hour and a half, then drove to Holy Sepulcher to see Mom's grave, then went back to Baltimore. F. and M. will be back at Betty's house with Patrick and Susan next weekend (Maureen returns to California tomorrow). I think Susan's parents are coming, too. Alison said if I want to meet them in Ventnor, she'd drive down to be with Pat. Would really like her to go down, too--I know she enjoys seeing her cousins. I'm wondering if Pat could make it there. It may not be a good idea if the A.C. isn't in the living room, though--we'll see.
Lovely long talk with Ellen yesterday; she calls every Sunday. How I wish I could get out there to see her, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.
Just got back from the hemotologist, who said Pat's blood count is actually okay. He thinks the former somewhat high count (I thought the primary had said "low") was from the steroids, his illness, or that the moon was in the wrong position (nah, I just made that up). In truth, he said it could be from all kinds of things, but is nothing to worry about. Well, at least there's something we don't have to worry about.
Pat's down the bay right now; thought I'd go to the pool, but geez, even for me, it's damn hot, so maybe I won't. It's really nice to have the house to myself, too. I just made some hard-boiled eggs (we like sandwiches of them for lunch) and will bake pork chops for dinner.
Having lunch with Leslie tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to--or rather, to which I'm looking forward. (The old English major dies hard.)

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...