Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pat and I both had a great time visiting Bill and Regina on Tuesday. For lunch, Bill served up club sandwiches, cole slaw, and dessert of baked peach halves topped with vanilla ice cream and raspberries. We then sat at the table for an hour examining the pictures and other artifacts I had brought that had been displayed at Pat's birthday party. Bill in particular got a great kick out of identifying family members, friends, and old Ventnorites. He and Regina exclaimed over the "blow-ups" Alison had had done of newspaper articles and so on featuring her Dad, and we left for them to watch the wonderful CD she had composed of Pat's life. We had a fine time and to top it off, Bill insisted we take some of the sandwiches home and we had them for dinner, too--I didn't have to cook.
I did cook yesterday: barbecued ribs in the crockpot, which turned out to be delicious. We had gone to Pat's primary doctor at the V.A.in the early afternoon; not much else is new with his health. There is an improvement, which is slight, but definite. This time, I didn't have to get a wheelchair for him to get into the building--he was able to walk in with the walker.
Today I have a rare free day--after the morning chores and before the dinner duties, that is. I'm going back to see if my new glasses can be fixed, as the "close" part seems too high. I have to put my head down to see at a distance.
Anonymous will be relieved to know that after tomorrow, I'll no longer be writing how much I want to see "An Inconvenient Truth," as Leslie and I are going to see it then.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...