Monday, July 03, 2006

Had a delightful dinner with Ray and Barbara last night. I made salad, baked potatoes, banana bread, and baked beans (alliteration!), and--the best part of the meal--we had the filet mignon Mike gave us for our anniversary. Ray cooked it on his grill, and very well, too. It was superb, we all agreed. We then sat talking until nine or so and greatly enjoyed ourselves. R. and B. are going on a three-week trip starting Thursday, and we'll miss them. I'll go to the clubhouse at ten to get tickets for Barb and me for the Bucks County (my old stomping grounds) trip in September.
No walk today, as it's raining, but Susan and I have taken our one and a half mile walk most days. Good thing, considering my eating.
Today, I'll try to get appointments for Pat with a hemotologist and an opthomologist; his eyes are red, for some reason. He's about the same, I guess--he did enjoy having R. and B. over last night. However, he has developed a cough, which is new and that's worrisome. (As what isn't with his health?) I also need to get my own prescription filled for new glasses--can hardly see a thing, especially up close.
Think I'll call his pulmonolgist for recommendations to the other doctors and ask about the cough.
We're expecting Alison and Mike over tomorrow and will probably have hamburgers. It will be a low-key Fourth of July, but hey--nobody around here is really able to celebrate independence...

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...