Sunday, July 23, 2006

It rained early on yesterday, but Susan stopped to see if I wanted to go to the clubhouse for exercise. Yes, I would and I did. Later, Alison came down and did most of the work in actually detailing Pat's car. She used tar and bug remover to get all the black gonk off the bottom, silicone for the leather, chrome cleaner to shine up the metal, window cleaner for the windows, and so on. Before that, of course, she took out all the junk Pat tends to keep in the car. I washed the two jackets, shirt, and various other articles of clothing we found, and Pat himself used the dry vac to vacuum out the back, front, and trunk. Boy, does it look good--but I can see why people charge $75 or so to do it. Alison then pulled out the weeds that have been springing up in the flower beds (I helped), and that took care of most of the day. I was able to get to Manahawkin to buy presents for upcoming parties (my cousin's birthday and a baby shower), and even had time to take a nap. For dinner, I ordered out from Brother's: flounder and french fries for Pat, a sausage sub for me.
Talked to sister Betty. She's letting friends from the East take over her apartment for a week, and said she'll find another place to sleep--she wasn't sure where, but said she had until that night to find a place! She'll ask a friend if she can stay there, otherwise, I guess she'll be homeless.
Brother Frank called last night to ask if I could come down to Ventnor today and we'd have lunch and just hang out. Will be glad to--looking forward to seeing him and Marybeth again, plus Patrick and Susan.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...