Thursday, July 06, 2006

For the first time in months, I was able to go to exercise today. Leslie asked if I wanted to go at 8 am and I thought, "Damn, I will go!" I woke Pat at 7:30, got his insulin, morning pills, and breakfast and left him reading the paper. I figured he'd go back to bed and he did. I was gone about an hour (had the cell phone) and he was still in bed when I returned. I'm very glad to have finally been able to go, although Susan and I will continue to walk at 7 or so.
Nice lunch with Marge yesterday at the new Bakery Cafe. When we walked in, Ray and Barb were there just finishing lunch. M. and I shared a lobster salad sandwich, and I had cappuchino--both very good.
Today, I'm getting a perm at 1:30. Hope it turns out as good as the last one. I want to get a shower first, then make Pat's lunch. Have a lot of other things I should do, but keep putting them off.
Had baked chicken last night, along with leftovers from the Fourth, and will probably have spaghetti and meatballs tonight.
The big, BIG new is that I cleaned out the pantry yesterday! It was such a mess I didn't know what I had. Found six boxes of rice--four white, two brown--enough cans of soup to start a soup kitchen, and a multitude of cans and jars of veggies, spaghetti sauce, as well as spices and seasonings that I've probably had for twenty years. I understand you're supposed to throw such things out after a year, but now I have a sentimental attachment. I have so many dups because when I wanted to follow a recipe, I couldn't find the ingredients I needed, so bought more. Now it's a pleasure to open the door and see everything neat and in order. I hope to tackle the study closet soon, as that's probably the worst of the worse when it comes to storage.
All in all, it's been a good several days...

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...