Thursday, September 12, 2024

Wednesday

Ellen picked me up at noon and we drove off to Margarita Villa at the Ventura Harbor. Terry and Larry were already there and shortly, Carolyn came. What a great time we had celebrating Ellen's birthday, especially with the additional of the special guest, Margarita.                                                 The birthday girl chose strawberry: 

                                          

The cousins, Carolyn, Terry, and Ellen:

And here's the group, after a good Mexican meal:

After, we went to the museum, watched a fascinating movie about the Channel Islands, then browsed the exhibits. Here are Ellen and me on the lookout bridge:
And Terry and Ellen:
We didn't leave until after 5:00 after a fun family day. Carolyn drove home, Terry and Larry went back to the Best Western, and Ellen drove me home. Today, the Floridians will come over, we'll look over some of the Byrne/Figenshu memorabilia, then go downtown to stroll and lunch. I'm thinking of the botanic gardens, too, but I'm not sure if Larry could handle the height-terrain. 

Note: While we walking to the museum, I got a call from Victoria Care Center about Jim. I asked about his appetite and as told he ate from 75 to 100 percent of his meals--that's encouraging, I guess. Also spoke to the P.T., who said he was "holding his own." She said it still takes two people to help him stand up. Once the company leaves, I try to get over to see him next week. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...