Sunday, September 15, 2024

Saturday

Met Diane at the other McDonald's, the one by Target, at noon and that's the last I want to eat their McFood. I'll be glad to meet Diane there again, but next time, I'll bring my own. The chicken sandwich tasted as if it had been in storage for a month and the French fries were simply terrible. I didn't say anything, though, as Diane needs to conserve money and the whole meal was only six bucks--also came with little round fried things and a soda, which I didn't drink because I had my IPA.

Anyway, we had our usual good time. I "introduced her" to Jeanne, in a manner of speaking by showing her this picture I got yesterday from Jeanne after our conversation: : 

For 88 and 95, respectively, they don't look too bad.

I mentioned the similarities between Diane and Jeanne, such as the fact that they are both the oldest of large families--Diane has or had five siblings, Jeanne four. Diane's younger sib is 17 years younger, Jeanne's 22. Incredibly, her sister is the same age as the oldest of Jeanne's four daughter. We had fun comparing them during our session. Broke up about 2:30 and I went to Target, then stopped at Von's before going home.  Among other items, a nice piece of salmon, which I had for dinner.

While I was preparing the veggie part of dinner, my neighbor, Lorraine called. I put her on speaker and just continued to season and roast cook the cauliflower. Lorraine talks a lot and mentioned she has a friend in the Victoria Care Center. I told her about Jim being there and she offered to take me with her on Monday afternoon. Good, now I won't have to call the Access Van. Oh, but bad, as I have Soaring Spirits dinner then, too. Think I'll skip that or else have Lorraine drop me off after the care center.

Ellen called after dinner and we firmed up plans for my eye doctor appointment in Camarillo on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...