Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Tuesday

Ellen picked me up and we drove to Miramar Eye in  Camarillo for my 1:45 appointment. . They did some tests and Dr. Neel examined me.; So far, so good, but she wants to see me in four months, so I made a date for January. We were both hungry after--hadn't had lunch--so went to Yolanda's.

After, El was kind enough to take me to the Pacific Coast Coin Collector. I wanted to know if the two silver dollars (one dated 1878) I have were worth anything--I was hoping for ten thou, at least. However, the guy said he'd give me fifty bucks for both and the heck with that, I might as well keep them. For the life of me, I can't remember how I happened to acquire them. 

I asked El to drop me off at the Senior Center on Ventura Avenue, a I want to attend a LJBT+ presentation, aimed at older people of those orientations. It was interesting in light of the gay people in my family and those with whom I'm friendly. Because it was by the Agency on Aging and when I first moved here, I was in that group, I chatted with some of the presenters. Some pics:


Bused home and got in about 6:30. I had told Ellen I missed Greg (she sees him often) and she  texted me, asking if I wanted to meet them for dinner today at Stephen's Greek. Sure do and she suggested me meet at Barnes & Noble, browse the books, then go to Stephen's. Sounds good and I'm looking forward.  

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...