Monday, September 09, 2024

Sunday

Sunday routine accomplished: changed bed, did crossword (got every one except the capitol of Oregon), and took weekly med. After breakfast, I dry-dusted the hard floors, then wet-mopped the kitchen area. 

What my grandson in Japan would like is U.S. coins, so I gathered pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and will send, along with an ordinary silver dollar. Maybe I'll go to the bank and add a two-dollar bill. Came across two silver dollars that are actually silver. They were in my drawer and I just can't remember where I got them. One of them is dated 1878 and, after looking it up, I saw it may be worth a fair amount--two hundred bucks or so. Eventually, I hope to get to the coin collector and ask. Don't think I'll send him that. 

Today is Mr. K.'s actual birthday--Japan is a day ahead of the U.S.--so I sent him an e-card. Will send the paper one with the coins.

Packed my lunch and ate it again in the middle: 

While there, I called Ellen and she'll come over here on Wednesday, her birthday and go out to lunch with Larry and Terry. Greg willl be back from Colorado and he plans to take her for her Bday on Thursday. Niece Carolyn texted Ellen and me and we'll be meeting up shortly, along with Larry and Terry.  


No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...