Friday, September 06, 2024

Thursday

Busy day.  Did a quick white wash while I showered, then took care of a few other minor chores. The social worker, Angel, called. to say would be moved to Victorian Care Center today if transportation if they can get funding for transportation. Later, she called to say Medicare would pay the hundred and fifty bucks. The idea is for him to be in the care center until he recovers from COVID and his various other ailments, notably the blood infection and kidney problem.  Started my balance exercises again; I had neglected them when I was down with The Plague, but don't want to skip anymore.

Brother Larry called to say he and his daughter, Terry, will be here Monday. They're going to be staying at the Best Western "at the pier," he said, but I'm only aware of the one on Thompson Street. Will look it up.

Walked the short distance to McDonald's and met Diane. I didn't get one of the specials, instead settled for a McChicken sandwich. Incredibly, that and a soda totaled $3.22. I'm so used to eating at actual restaurants, where I regularly spend $25 to $30 for lunch, I was astounded. Of course, I didn't get the soda, as I had my IPA with me. I have to confess I also got a sundae and treated Diane to one. Haven't had ice cream for months and it was good. 

Diane and I proceeded to sit there until almost 4:00, a marathon talk session even for us. As we parted, Ellen called to tell me about her contractor contacts  I sat on a bench in the shopping center while we talked for a half hour or so. Her birthday is on Wednesday and we'll work something out about that, maybe including Greg. I then went directly to Nails D'Elegance in the same shopping center for a much needed pedicure. 

Darn, I slept very poorly last night. It's now 6:25 and I have a 9:00 eye doctor appointment. Will probably want to nap later.


No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...