Sunday, September 08, 2024

Sizzling Saturday

Hot. I'm writing this a half-hour after twelve noon and it's 85 degrees. It's expected to be 88 at 4:00. These temps are unusual for Ventura, but pale in comparison to Ellen's Ojai place. There, it's--gulp!--104. 

As for my day, I washed the bathroom rugs early on and will mop the hard floors today or tomorrow. Should vacuum, too, in preparation for Larry's and Terry's visit. I then walked over to Von's--wanted to go early before the noonday heat. Got some strawberries, fresh veggies and frozen meals, as well as paper items. 

Washed and sliced the strawberries, then sweetened with Stevia, and stowed them in the freezer. I'm not sure why, but I like them better thawed after being frozen rather than eating them immediately, but I do. Later, I had some with cottage cheese--yummy.  

Toyed with the idea of going in the pool, but didn't. I did, however, make my lunch and eat it in the middle. It was actually pleasant--up to 88, but there was a light breeze and it felt good.

Aside from that, I spent time on an e-card for my grandson in Tokyo, who will be eleven tomorrow. Sent it, but also went to CVS to get a "real" one, which I'll send shortly with his gift. Also bought a card for Ellen, whose birthday is this Wednesday. Also gathered up some items for whim which I'll describe tomorrow. Other than that, I didn't do much except watch yet more episodes of Frazier.   

It's supposed to get up to 91 today.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...