Friday, September 20, 2024

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later in the day or  tomorrow.

Got some beautiful strawberries at Von's, as well as broccoli, and oatmeal--I eat so damn healthy, I can hardly stand myself--then spent more than an hour on the laptop addressing various issues. They included having to complete a mercantile license renewal for the house in Jersey, the change in my mortgage from Chase (insurance went up), and other boring business matters. SO-FI is changing frm Rent CafĂ© to Bilt something or other for rent payments, so I have to switch that over. I also packaged up the coins I'm sending to Mr. K.; as mentioned before, he has an interest. 

I was pleased when David W. called and we had a long talk. He's the ornithologist with whom I'm friendly; he lives here across the way upstairs. I'd love to have one of my daughters meet him, but that kind of thing almost never turns out, I guess. Anyway, we've both had our problems with management, but things have been fine lately.

Got ready for my 4:00 dentist appointment and was out front waiting for the LYFT ride early. Miracle of miracles, the driver said yes, he had been given the correct Telephone Road address. After months of having drivers sent to the other street and gated entrance, SCAN seems finally to have gotten it right. 

At Zak Dental, I had an annoying exchange with the receptionist, who wanted me to provide the names of my medications before I had my teeth cleaned. I don't carry them with me (although that might not be a bad idea), but why I wasn't informed of this beforehand, I don't know. Anyway, it was straightened out and I had my appointment. Made a date for December 9 for another and a check-up. Later, though, I received via email and was asked to return, several long and, it seems to me, unnecessarily detailed documents to complete and return.

It wasn't quite 5:00 when I left, so I went to Great Clips. Maria was free and trimmed my hair--it looks okay, I guess, but not great. 

I got a recorded call from Victoria Care Center, where Jim is, announcing that they test residents (patients? inmates?) every two days for COVID and there are no active cases at this time. 

T.O.P.S. today and I'm running the meeting, so all can be confident, it'll be short and sweet. Also, meeting Diane for lib lunch today.


No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...